Fees involved in purchase of a property in Dubai
When buying off-plan properties:
- Booking deposit around AED 5,000-37,000, depending on the property value; the deposit is adjusted towards the 1st installment for the property.
- Installments are usually 5% to 10% of the property value paid every three months; convenient post-handover plans are often available.
- OQOOD (interim title) registration fee: 4% from the property purchase value + AED 3000 admin fees.
When buying on the secondary market:
- Broker’s commission varies between 2% to 5% (plus VAT) of the purchase price.
- A no objection certificate from the developer can be anything between 500 and 10,000 AED plus VAT.
- Registration Trustee fee is 4,000 AED plus VAT for properties valued over 500,000 AED, and 2,000 AED plus VAT for properties below 500,000 AED.
- Transfer fee is 4% of the purchase price.
- Mortgage registration fee (if applicable) is 0,25% of the registered loan amount.
- Title deed issuance is 580 AED.
- There may be additional payments associated with the service charge and utility payments for the properties.